Louise's Tips For A Four Night Stay in Hobart, Tasmania Australia.
Posted on September 30 2021
Escaping Perth, Western Australia for a four night holiday interstate to Hobart, Tasmania was my first visit to the most southern part of Australia. We were waiting until later in life to do the popular drive around Tasmania however Covid has changed many of our travel plans so the opportunity to take a peek was taken.
Here are our favourite things to do, including places to stay, restaurants to dine in and bars to start or end your night in. Hobart is a three and half hour direct flight from Perth, we travelled on Qantas in a Boeing 737, and hired an Avis car for 2 days of our 4 day stay.
- Macq01 - 2 nights in Waterfront room. Spacious room with large ensuite, overlooking the harbour. Beautiful to wake up to the water views and surrounding mountains
- Henry Jones - 2 nights in a Standard room. This historical Art Hotel is full of history and architectural brilliance retaining much of the beams and limestone walls of the once IXL Jam Factory. Loved the feel of this hotel.
- An alternative hotel is the Moss Hotel, part of the IHG group of hotels, situated in Salamanca, close to many bars and restaurants.
- Frogmore Creek Lounge, located overlooking the harbour next to the Macq01 hotel.
- Landscape at the Henry Jones Hotel. Absolutely recommend eating here for a special evening.
- Frogmore Creek Winery - 20 minutes from Hobart. A lovely drive you can also visit Richmond town with the oldest bridge in Australia located here. Beautiful scenery and delicious food and wine.
- The Den, a great wine bar that we discovered on our last day and wish we had discovered it sooner.
- Machine Laundry Cafe - great breakfast and great coffee. Where the locals gather in Salamanca Place.
- Glasshouse, on the harbour waterfront. Cocktails and Food.
MONA - the Museum of Old and New Art. Take the dedicated ferry from Hobart Harbour and enjoy the 20 minute boat ride down the Derwent River to a spectular art gallery and so much more. Book at one of the restaurants, Source or Faro, or enjoy a more casual time at the wine bar. Don't plan anything else, spend the day taking your time to enjoy all MONA has to offer. It's art is creative, conversational and controversial. Book ahead!
Visit louisemshoes.com for comfortable shoes.