What comfortable shoes to wear when you work on your feet
Posted on January 16 2017
So many ladies shoes give us a false first impression. Why do they look at us with such hope and love only to betray us once they are in our wardrobe, and worse on our feet. Fortunately I have avoided this (mostly) over the years with my eye for quality and styles that offer me comfortable long days, and nights, on my feet. How can you do the same?
Are you a teacher, accountant, lawyer, flight attendant or work in the hotel industry perhaps? Do you spend all day on your feet in a retail environment or similar?
If you have answered “yes” to either of these questions, chances are you already know what it is like to endure painful, tired feet and have probably found out the hard way that it is not always easy to find stylish and comfortable shoes to wear throughout the long working day.
For most of you will be looking for a shoe that is dressy, stylish or classic to ensure you look professional yet fashionable while having a functional shoe to walk in whenever and wherever you need to go.
When you think of comfortable work shoes, what comes to mind? Some of you may immediately envision those little black ballet flats, you know the ones with cute bows but no structure to support your feet.
But being comfortable and looking fashionable are not mutually exclusive, there are heel and style options you can consider if you work on your feet for a good part of every day.
Here are a few of our suggestions and other little tips that will relieve you from tired aching feet after a long day at work.
3 Shoe Styles to Consider for Maximum Comfort
1. Classic styled shoes, such as the classic court shoe (See our Louise M High Heel) for a great example) made from soft kid or calf leather with a heel that gives you that professional and fashionable look you need and desire. This type of shoe will combine style with comfort, and will also transition well for after work drinks.
2. The classic flat, a favourite with many of us, is another good option and extremely popular. The Louise M Classic Patent Flat is a great reference. You want to look for a really comfortable innersole when choosing your flats and of course the best quality leather you can find. If it says ‘Made in Italy’ then you know you are on the right track.
3. Squarish toe and block heel. When you combine a well defined chunky block heel with a square shaped toe, you know it is going to be comfortable. Your feet are singing with joy before they are even in them! This shoe style definitely ensures you are combining fashion and function. Take a look at this example, it’s our Louise M Block Heel. This is the most popular shoe for airline cabin crew and loved by corporate crowd for a reason. Style and comfort. A great addition to any wardrobe.
5 Self-Care Tips to Keep Your Feet in Great Shape
1. Find the time to massage your feet on a regular basis or better still get someone else to massage them for you. Hope you are not too ticklish!
2. To help keep your heels from becoming dry and cracked, use a loofah followed by a nourishing moisturiser. Treat your feet with plenty of moisturiser then wear socks overnight to wake with smooth pampered feet.
3. Elevate your feet at the end of a long, tiring day. When the time comes to “put your feet up” – do just that. Relax your feet, body and mind.
4. As regular orthotics do not always fit into court shoes, try a slim line one such as Synxsole Everyday created by Perth Podiatrists Rachael Ferguson and Marie Lewis. They fit into the Louise M Classic Flats ,exchanging with our removable inner sole.
5. Exercising daily is important of course for total health and well being, but did you know it is important for circulation in your feet? So don your runners and get moving!
Please - Look after your feet. Purchase and wear good, well made, comfortable, leather shoes….. If you look after your feet - we guarantee your feet will look after you!
Follow us on Instagram
Share this article with your friends, they will appreciate knowing about stylish comfortable shoes too.